Menu

Friday, October 22, 2010

God Still Hears and Still Heals

There is power in God’s Word! Psalm 107:20 tells us that He (God) sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions. God’s Word created the earth. He spoke into existence the sun, moon, stars, land and water as well as the flying, creeping, and every kind of creature, and then finally, the first man and the first woman. Do you think there is anything too hard for Him to do…to fix…to heal?

There are numerous cases of people being ill, deciding to put their faith in God and being healed. Some people no longer have seizures; others have had tumors disappear, leaving doctors scratching their heads. Some have even claimed to have missing limbs grow back. God heals when the time is right. If it is His will, God will do healing miracles; the Lord Jesus said "to who believeth will do greater works than that I do." A couple of times in the Gospels, Jesus was in an area where people knew Him from when He was growing up. This caused these people not to believe in His miracles, and the Bible says He could not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.

The same is true for us today. When we don't trust God and are hardened by life, we become unable to receive or even see the miracles around us. In the Bible God heals people like He raised Lazarus from the dead He made the lame to walk and caused the blind to see. He still heals people today through prayer. God identifies himself as the God of healing in Exodus 15:26 where He says, "I am the Lord who heals you (Yhwh Rapha)." When you get a cut on your finger it heals. When you get a bruise it heals. Most of the healing that takes place in the world is done with out the use of science or medicine. God created our bodies to heal themselves. So yes, God does still heal.

Do you think that your circumstances – whether suffering with a headache or cancer, a son on drugs or a pregnant daughter, a wayward husband or a nagging wife, an empty bank account, loss of job or a pending home foreclosure – are beyond God’s ability to handle?
Think again!

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring, i believe the Lord will heal me, i have something wrong with my heart and it skips sometimes, i pray about it and im going to start praying about it every night, i have faith that the Lord God will heal my heart, and to those of you who read this please pray as well that he heals me, my name is Austin Reader, thank you and God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in Hell so many times that I have Frequent Flier Miles. But He always is there, usually at the moment when I cry out, like David, "Where ARE you? I need you!!" I have found that He always comes when I am at my weakest, at the breaking point, and have no strength left to carry on the fight. According to Paul, my favorite Jewish lawyer, it is only through my own weakness that the strength of God can come through, i.e., I have to get out of His way when dealing with the evils that Satan constantly throws at me. It is extremely difficult, because my ego and pride usually tell me that I can "be a man" and do it myself. Nonsense! Going to war against Satan alone is like taking a knife to a gunfight.

    ReplyDelete